[thelist] FrontPage2000 Include Page Component Locking Up....

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 19 09:33:06 CDT 2000

> From: Madhu Menon <madhu at asiacontent.com>
>
> Actually, the performance gain isn't really that significant. IIS
> caches include files and there is a microsecond delay while it inserts
> the code, but other than that, you wouldn't notice the difference.
>
> I do believe Aardvark has some 6 or 7 includes on some of his sites.
> Ask him.

yep, i have that many in most of my sites... the performance hit is
negligible, i have found, so i continue to use
that approach...

all of my include files also do script parsing
as well... they determine the current page and
based on that, what elements to display...

in the end, i could get better performance out
of cleaning up my code (the response.buffer
stuff, leaner logic, etc.) if i truly needed to,
and that would easily offset the performance hit
that the includes carry...