[thelist] Re: cfhtmlhead tag

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Wed Jul 19 21:47:51 CDT 2000

: From: "David Shadovitz" <david_shadovitz at xontech.com>
: You might find it difficult to put complex strings in the TEXT
: attribute; you'll have to escape quotes, and you won't be able
: to have line breaks.

i don't know what problems dave watts has experienced, but i do this all the

from an actual file, picked at random:

<cfhtmlhead text="
<script language=""JavaScript"" type=""text/javascript"">
 var IE4 = (document.all) ? true : false;
 var NN4 = (document.layers) ? true : false;

 function sizeScrollableDiv()
   if(content.clientHeight > 300)
    document.all.content.style.height = 300;
    document.all.content.style.overflow = 'scroll';

 function init()

 window.onload = init;
// -->

no problems with linebreaks and all i had to do was escape the double-quotes
by doubling them up.  as i rarely have double-quotes in my <script> blocks
(except for the attributes and their values in the <script> tag itself) this
is quite readable for me and does what i need it to without the additional
overhead of processing a custom tag.

good luck,

jeff at members.evolt.org