[thelist] Second Quick Mouseover Check

Jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Thu Jul 20 03:33:18 CDT 2000

gina,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Gina K. Anderson <gina at sitediva.com>
:
: I have tried a couple of things, and would like another
: check if you have some time. Here's the link again:
:
: http://216.92.141.173/roofinfo/index.html
:
: The image is "Helpful Links" under the picture in the
: center frame. It is supposed to turn blue on mouseover.
: It may take some time to load. Is it working now?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

works just fine here, but i know what the problem is.  you'll find my
conclusions at the end.

win98, ie5.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: -Rebuilt the Dreamweaver code for all the mouseovers
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

still looks like dreamweaver code to me.  simplify, simplify, simplify.

http://members.evolt.org/jeff/code/preload_n_rollover/

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: -took out the <DIV> tags and replaced them with <CENTER>
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

should be the other way around as <center> is deprecated (moreso than
align="center" in  <div> tag anyway).

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: -changed the image name structure from
: info_links_off.gif to links_off.gif

the problem, specifically, is with the name you've given that image.  links
is a reserved word in javascript and i think that's causing your problem.
change it to something else and i'll bet it'll work everytime.

good luck,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development