[thelist] Are Web designers a dying breed?

Watkins Matthew matthew at Natuzzi.com
Thu Jul 20 04:04:22 CDT 2000

> But for now we really have to deal with these rather unuseable WAP
standards ...

Unusable and restrictive. I can't imagine that WAP will be the killer app
for the future of cell phone browsing.
There is a lot of hype over WAP (here in Italy anyway), I just bought a WAP
enabled phone and it gives me very limited access to the internet. When I
want info on the road I use my cell phone as a modem and browse via IR on my
Psion which gives me much broader access to the internet in a hand held
solution. I think a more reasonable compromise will emerge.

Matthew