[thelist] Eudora (Migration from Netscape Mail)

Julia Frizzell Julia_Frizzell at Brown.edu
Thu Jul 20 10:54:35 CDT 2000

At 7:22 PM -0700 7/19/00, Anthony Baratta wrote:
>For you Eudora users out there.....
>
>I've been a semi-loyal Netscape Mail user since waaaay back when.
>Now due to job
>circumstances I need the multiple personalities capabilities of
>Eudora. (I will not
>move to Outlook or Outlook Express.)
>
>I have Eudora 4.3.2 (paid versus ads) installed but it does not want
>to import my
>Netscape 4.7x mailbox. According to Eudora's website they only
>support upto Netscape
>4.2. (I can't think that the mail format changed any during the 4.x
>series that would
>stop it from being migratable.) All ways to run the import procedure
>via Eudora don't
>get me where I want. Either the functionality listed in the help files is
>non-existant or greyed out.
>
>I don't want to abandon 4+ years of mail folders. Any clues, ideas,
>or whacks up side
>the head are appreciated.

Try a web search.

http://www.emailman.com/conversion/
http://www.interguru.com/MailInformation.htm

I know there are other sites out there. And comp.mail.eudora.mac or
comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows should help, too.

Good luck!

Julia Frizzell                        http://www.netspace.org/~glyneth
julia_frizzell at brown.edu                   http://www.theblackroad.org
glyneth at netspace.org                                      ICQ: 8458071
"Now you see the nature of my wife. She giveth from the left hand of
generosity, then puncheth in the face with the right fist of cruel
whimsy." -- Ethan Skemp, on Aileen E. Miles