[thelist] Are Web designers a dying breed?

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Thu Jul 20 17:05:55 CDT 2000

A couple or three years back, when I was just getting started with
HTML, I thought WYSIWYG was going to kill any potential that web
(front-end) design had as a viable profession... It didn't.

I'm glad that people who don't want to really INVEST in their web
sites have somewhere to turn.  People who "want a web site" but who
don't want to really invest in building a "web presence" can use
templates, WYSIWYG, etc, to get immediate satisfaction.

I have maintained for some time that the most important part of
developing a web site is the pre-coding planning process.  If you
don't know to invest in planning your web site, you're in for trouble.

Most people need to learn this the hard way.  So let them learn.

Erika

erika at seastorm.com
http://www.seastorm.com