[thelist] HTML coding via JS in a form

Czechowski, Aaron aczechowski at towson.edu
Fri Jul 21 12:02:02 CDT 2000

the trick would be to get selected text into a variable.  if that's possible
then it's gravy - have a button bring the text into a variable, add the
appropriate tags to the front and end, then place it back.  is it possible
to use JS to bring selected form text into a variable?  something like
document.formname.textareaname.selected?

aaron  :)

p.s. please let me know if you get this working - i've been thinking about a
similar thing for a while now, but didn't think it's possible....