[thelist] CSS, Netscape, .class oddity?

Mike Wick mwick at kuaa.wpo.ukans.edu
Fri Jul 21 15:25:56 CDT 2000

Greetings.

The best site I have found for netscape bugs is www.richinstyle.com

Good Luck

Mike

>>> tbounds at gci.net 07/21/00 02:39PM >>>
Hi:

I'm looking forward to participating in this list. #B^) On to my first
question.

I've been trying to apply a .class via an external css to an entire table
that encloses the layout for a page with a 2 pixel purple border. Heres the
code...

.bigbox { text-align: center; margin: 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px 10px 10px;
border: solid 2px #750151; width: 636px; height: auto }

Everything looks cool in IE 5.0 on my Mac but NN 4.0+ crashes hard when the
page is called for. I'm not sure yet what happens with PC browsers.

Am I just goint to have to dump using the .class so Netscape users can
access the pages or do any of you know a work around? I sure would like to
keep the border.

I've left one page with the .class applied for demonstration purposes at...

http://www.vitalifetech.com/thought_mod.html

TIA,
\ \/ /| |   |_   _| Vital Life Technologies         T o n y  B o u n d s
 \  / | l___  | |   205 E. Dimond Blvd.,Suite 459   tbounds at vitalife.com
  \/  l____|  |_|   Anchorage, AK 99515             Ph:  907-349-7185
                                                    Fax: 907-522-1345
__Life Enhancing Products for the Mind and Body__________________________