[thelist] Are Web designers weird?

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sun Jul 23 04:19:37 CDT 2000

David Nicholls wrote on 22/7/00 12:42 pm

>There's evidence for this.  Web designers have quite a skewed
>Myers-Briggs personality type distribution compared to the general
>population.  A significant (3x normal levels) over-representation of
>INTP and INFP, and to a lesser extent, INTJ, ENTP and ISTP.  Types 2
>through 5 cluster around INTP (differing in each case by only one type
>category) which seems to be the core type for web designers/coders. (The
>poll and current results are at  http://thraxil.dhs.org/poll.html ).
>
>Yes, we are weird, and it's fun!  (Me? INTP, of course).

Yeah, I used to be INFP for a long time, but it's been a while since
I did a test (the real MBTI test is proprietory and costs money :-( )

Oh, there's Keirsey's test on that site, ok....

iNTp (although more strongly at work - at home I'm borderline
iNFp)

I do remember reading in the alt.sysadmin.recovery FAQ somewhere
that their typical MBTI is iNTj (ie like us, but more likely to LART
first and ask questions afterwards. As one of their mottoes says:
"Rape, pillage, and *then* burn")

Cheers
Martin