[thelist] JPG misery

Aileen Wrothwell aileen at stonebikini.com
Tue Jul 25 00:03:08 CDT 2000

Hey people,

I'm at a loss here.  I have two questions, and I'll be grateful whether you
answer either or both.

Question #1: What happened to my image?  I was recreating a .jpg image in
Photoshop (don't ask what happened to the first one), and everything looked
fine.  I saved it to my images folder just like I always do, and now when I
view the page through Netscape, this color photo appears black and white,
grainy, with vertical stripes through it, and the image is off-center.  In
IE, it's just a broken link. This is very weird.   I've tried starting over
with the original image the client sent me, to no avail, and I've tried
re-opening the pages.  Any ideas?

Question #2:I have another .jpg this same client sent me to use as a
background image.  I am currently suffering from URS--Ugly Rectangle
Syndrome.  The image repeats and creates this tiled effect that is not at
all decorative or artsy. What I get is one complete image and then a new
image starts and cuts off on the right side, and it does the same thing as I
scroll down (obviously, how much of the next image one sees depends on the
monitor size, but the repeat image is never complete).  The problem is that
the image is an oil painting, so the edges are really obvious.  This seems
like a really basic thing, but I've not had such a problem with it in a long
time, and never had such difficulty solving it. Any solutions, suggestions,
inspirations are welcome.  As always, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Aileen.

Aileen Wrothwell
Stone Bikini
E-mail: aileen at stonebikini.com