[thelist] Flash scripting

H. G. Quinn hgquinn at attglobal.net
Wed Jul 26 00:02:35 CDT 2000

"Flash 4 Bible" (ISBN: 0764533568 ) is not complete, but the best that exists
right now for action scripting, per several really good Flash people.

If you don't mind working from examples, with no explanations, "Flash 4
Magic" (ISBN: 0735709491) is OK.

"Flash Web Design" (ISBN: 0735708967), by Hillman-Curtis, is supposed to be
good -- it's a deconstruction type of book, like Lynda Weinman's books,
focused on the depths of Flash design (which includes action scripting by
default), but I don't have it, so can't speak from personal experience as to
how effective it is if your main interest right now is action scripting.

Daniel McMurray wrote:

> Anyone know of a good book dealing with Flash scripting?  I don't
> necessarily need something that starts from the ground up with the entire
> program, just the scripting.
>
> Thanks!
> Dan

Cheers,