[thelist] Mac runtime for java update?

i isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Jul 26 13:10:20 CDT 2000

It'd be interesting to see ultra up-to-date stats, but from these, the Mac
market doesn't seem to be "growing so steadily and quickly" at all (maybe that's
been happening entirely since 1999?). Home up 2.1%, business down 0.1%, and
their favoured education market down 10.7%.

Does anyone know when Jobs returned to Apple, and also when the iMac was
released?

Are these dates correct?
Jobs returns: sometime in 1997
First iMac released: May 6, 1998.

If so, Jobs' return = education market dropping a further 10+%. Oops...

It'd be interesting to see Microsoft's OS percentage in the education sector
from 1994 --> 1997 --> 1999.

<tip type="simple links" author="isaac">

Simplify your linking by removing unnecessary words like "click here".

Fewer words = closer to instant recognition of a link's target.

For example, change "click here to view the latest report" to "view the latest
report" or even "view latest report".

You might not want to remove "view" in this case, as it gives the user the
expectation that they'll be viewing the report itself. Remove it, and they may
very well assume that the link is to a downloadable report, or maybe to text
discussing the report.

Make it clear where a link will take a user and they are less likely to get
frustrated by ending up somewhere they'd rather not be.

</tip>