[thelist] process/architecture diagramming

Christopher Orth - HQ corth at casey.org
Fri Jul 28 06:44:12 CDT 2000

> And you will need to map *every* step of a user process (like
> registration), which may be as detailed as a step for every

This is true.  In my experience this is presented as business logic, and is
usually the work of a business analyst or a really savvy programmer.
Application functionality and general architecture and navigation are
usually best documented as separate processes.

Any you are correct that *every* step needs to be documented.... at my job
we usually use the "if you get hit by a bus tomorrow, how would we know how
to fix that application if it broke" statement.  Makes sense, especially as
fast as IS/IT staff can turn over in this market.