[thelist] Disability Accessible Websites

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Fri Jul 28 11:02:42 CDT 2000

I look at my sites with Lynxviewer (have had problems with Lynx for
mac) which is linked at http://www.delorie.com.

I also got a call a few weeks back from someone at "The Humboldt
Access Project" a local advocacy group for people with disabilities.
Through our discussion, they offered to let me visit & talk with one
of their members who is blind & loves computers & has a braille
keyboard and I'm not sure what else...

I should really do that.

My point being that, as aardvark suggested, going out & talking to
the audience in question and checking out how they use computers and
view the web is probably a great idea and would give you more depth
than if you just tried to simulate the experience at home.

Erika
erika at seastorm.com
http://www.seastorm.com