[thelist] Scrolling from the left?

Shoshannah Forbes xslf at xslf.com
Fri Jul 28 23:48:39 CDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Danek" <Chris.Danek at cmgisolutions.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
> Though I'm not sure exactly how to accomplish it, my .02 on the matter:
Stay
> away from it. It'd be non-intuitive and people may not see the scrollbar
> since 99.99%   of every vertical scrollbar in the world appears on the
right
> hand side, their eyes will naturally migrate in that direction.

99.99%   of every vertical scrollbar in the world? Not so fast.... Hebrew
localized & Arabic localized windows have almost ALL their scroll bars on
the left (except for some English applications that don't know better).

I do not have a localized system handy (I prefer a English UI for my
windows) but I do have an old screen shot:
http://www.elqana.com/Image1.gif
Notice where the start button is, and where the system tray is...

Shoshannah Forbes
http://www.forbes.co.il