[thelist] Dreamweaver vs. OS9

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Mon Jul 31 11:39:03 CDT 2000

> Hey Martin,
>
> I've checked 'em. The machine has 128MB, and
> the program is set to use 36MB.

I can't get DW to run well with that much memory - not DW2 or DW3.  On my G4, I've given it 60MB.  It crashes if I try to change library items/templates unles I have that much.

There were also some issues with line break settings (having them the same as with BBEdit) and whether or not I had line-wrap on with DW2.  It was very crashy after I installed 8.6, but DW3 on OS9 seems to be ok for me.

How much memory is everyone else giving DW?
(ok - Windows people don't need to tell me that they have memory management that isn't feeble - I know)

--
bob davis
bobd at members.evolt.org