[thelist] To procmail or not to procmail

Anthony Baratta Tony at IdeaSystems.com
Mon Jul 31 13:44:45 CDT 2000

At 12:11 PM 7/31/2000, you wrote:

>      After seeing people talk about procmai on serval lists, I have decided
>      to ask this question.  Why should I use procmail?  What will I gain
>      from using it?  If it simply sorts emails, what benifit would I get
>      out of it if I already use something like Eudora?

The way I understand it, Procmail is the local delivery service for a *nix
box. SendMail is the Server to Server delivery service. And Eudora,
Netscape, Pine, are the local mail readers.

e.g. Pine -> SendMail -> SendMail -> ProcMail -> Pine

----
Anthony Baratta
Isys Idea Systems

voice 510-452-4554