[thelist] To procmail or not to procmail

Erik M. Sabowski sabowski at wam.umd.edu
Mon Jul 31 15:56:31 CDT 2000

Using procmail lets you sort your mail into separate file on your
account...I use and IMAP server and pine to access my mail, so for me to
sort my mail after i read it is a huge pain in the butt. wtith procmail, i
just set up a bunch of rules, and the mail for all the lists i'm
subscribed to goes into separate folders as soon as it arrives. make life
just a little bit easier. if you access your mail with a POP account
though, i wouldn't see much use for it in terms or sorting, but you could
still use it as a spam filter, you can send all your spam to /dev/null

#airyk

| Erik M. Sabowski               |
| Computer Assistant, NOAA (NGS) |
| sabowski at wam.umd.edu           |
| "Don't try to out-stupid Erik" |
|                        -ash    |

On Jul 31, 2000, Christopher Ditty made the following sound: