[thelist] Re: Odd duplicating-on-insert error

Palyne Gaenir palyne at sciencehorizon.com
Tue Aug 1 06:53:48 CDT 2000

OK, after more mucking about I realized that if I typed the same
entry, it worked fine.  Must be something invisible in the string.

I'm copying it from TextPad.  I turned on 'special chars' so it would
show me if something weird was in these strings but there's nothing
visible like that (and I would see it as usually a black square if
there was).  (PC/TextPad doesn't have the odd 'hidden chars' thing
that BBEdit allows one to search for.)

I have like a zillion records to manully add to this app that I don't
want to retype.  Does anyone know how to search for invisible chars?
That must be it I guess...

Palyne