[thelist] HTML editor for GNOME [WAS: Winstability - best version for webdev]

Katherine Spice k.spice at acu.ac.uk
Tue Aug 1 10:57:00 CDT 2000

Just tidying up my inbox, seems I missed this first time around!

Adam Patrick wrote:
> Agreed. And along these lines I would like to use my Linux box more but
> have yet to find a good/stable/useful HTML editor for GNOME.  In other
> words I'm still willing to put up with a complete system halt 1.5 times
> a day in order to use ColdFusion Studio.  Anyone out there using a good
> one?

Check out http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/.  Bluefish is a GTK HTML editor
(current version 0.4, I think 0.5 is due for release shortly), but even
though it's not supposed to be fully functional I can't find any huge
omissions (except there's no spell checker). It's as good as Homesite,
and stable too (I've been using it for 2/3 months and I think it's
crashed maybe twice).

Try it, you might like it!

Katherine