[thelist] re-purposing website graphics

Palyne Gaenir palyne at sciencehorizon.com
Wed Aug 2 08:37:09 CDT 2000

I've made a lot of stuff directly for newsletters, letterhead etc.
(as opposed to web), as well as had webstuff used for that.  If I
didn't have to do any extra work for it at all, I didn't charge them
anything -- the first occurrence was work for hire, and they own it
now.  If I worked to make it for their new purposes (e.g.
transferring a logo to duotone or something) I charge them for that
labor only; again, they already own the logo and custom graphics,
whether I made them or not, if they paid for 'em the first time.
Palyne