[thelist] Angora socks comment on DJC article

Scott_Brady at themoneystore.com Scott_Brady at themoneystore.com
Wed Aug 2 11:06:35 CDT 2000

I'm not sure if I see the point in deleting it from the database.  I think the
only people it would offend would be the people who get the joke (and therefore
have a fairly dirty mind).  I admit, I have a mind that is often in the gutter,
and I'm still not sure I get the joke.

More importantly, this starts evolt down the road of censorship.  Nothing in
those comments were actually obscene.  Suggestive, yes.  Obscene, no.  What's
next? Do we need to start censoring all the posts?  Who decides when something
is inappropriate?  After we start censoring posts, do we then start making
claims that all posts are the property of evolt.org and evolt.org reserves the
right to use all submissions to thesite in any way they see fit?  Wouldn't that
be ironic, considering how evolt got its start.

I think if people don't like the comments, then they can choose to ignore that
person's posts in the future.  I think if there was something patently offensive
in these comments (personal attacks, truly obscene language, etc.), then we can
consider removing articles or bleeping out the words.

Those are my thoughts.

Scott

Any objections? If so speak your mind or forever hold your piece. err.
Sorry, I'll delete that from the DB too ;)