[thelist] Angora socks comment on DJC article

Jacob Stetser lists at icongarden.com
Wed Aug 2 20:38:33 CDT 2000

If he leaves, he chose to leave. We weren't throwing stones.
Personally, I think the comment was in bad taste, but I never weighed
in on whether it should be removed or not. I simply asked him _why_
he made that comment. So far I haven't heard a response to that.

If you want to see persecution, you're going to see persecution. But
this is not even a flame war, because people have for the most part
behaved themselves. Moreover, most people who've been around a little
while on the Net can handle a few contrary opinions and even flames
here and there.

So don't blame us for his choice to leave. Most of us were indeed
quite civil to him, but you can't blame us for not appreciating our
first impression of him, or for reasonably stating our objections to
what he wrote.

>>  start this e-mail thread), let me cure you of the
>>  cancer. Goodbye.
>
>I hope that doesn't mean you're leaving the list. That would be a rather sad
>indictment, driving somebody away within 3 days of their arrival due to
>intolerance surrounding a single comment.
>
>Brave new world, huh? Looks like the same old horse**** to me.

<tip type="cable modems going down">
When your cable modem is down, take the opportunity to get away from
the computer. Spend time with the wife or somethin :)
</tip>
icongarden.com
Making good ideas grow || http://icongarden.com/