[thelist] Virus Alert

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 4 17:15:24 CDT 2000

> From: "Hoenig, Robert" <RHoenig at giddings.com>
>
> It's called "Wobbler".  It will come in with a e-mail titled
> California. It's very powerful.  No Remedy.  I will destroy all info
> on your hard drive and destroy NN and IE.
>
> Also don't open anything titled Win a Holiday.  It will erase your
> hard drive

these are both hoaxes...  there are many places you can go to
check this, including
http://www.urbanlegends.com/ulz/xwobbler.html...

or any virus software maker... the links should follow, i suspect
many folks will reply to this...

but you don't need to worry about sending virus notes to us, most
of us are pretty on the ball with this stuff, and those that aren't
already get a dozen of these a day anyway...