[thelist] ASP Cookies Expiry Tip

Adrian Fischer adrian at logo-logic.com
Sun Aug 6 18:19:09 CDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Adrian Fischer <info at aussiebidder.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2000 6:03 PM
Subject: Re: [thelist] ASP Cookies Expiry Tip (yet more)

 Hi Gang,

 On a similar vein but to do with perl (but still cookies).  How could I set
 and expiration time for a cookie so that it expires in an hour if the user
 forgets to close their browser.

 Is it as tedious as taking a snapshot of the date/time the cookie is set
 then adding 3600 to it?  Im sure there are other issues like, what if they
 are still within my site and the time expires.  Can I check for that and
add
 another hour (Im starting to scare myself).

> Thanks

 Adrian Fischer

 ps.  If I ever get to the point were I think I know what Im talking about
 I'll put forward tips.