[thelist] Javascript question

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Mon Aug 7 19:15:47 CDT 2000

> At the risk of getting way over my head, in what cases can it interact
> with the server?  Can it be done with just JS, and if so, is it insanely
> difficult?  I'm not very proficient with Javascript, but even less so with
> asp, php, cgi, etc.

What you want can't be done using JS. I only said that it can interact with
the server to immunize myself from the expected "well, you can call a URL
with JS, that's a server interaction" reply from one of the keener members
of thelist. You need something that can fool with the filesystem... that's
asp/php/cgi/etc.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com