[thelist] Bad Code vs Keeping Job

Steve Cook sck at biljettpoolen.se
Tue Aug 8 08:39:03 CDT 2000

Sounds like a fairly awkward situation, but it seems to me that the solution
is fairly straightforward.

If it were me in this situation, I would present the question to your boss
and see what he says. It sounds as though you are prepared to follow the
other guy's (bad) guidelines if you have to. In that case, present your
argument and let your boss make the decision. You could always present it
this way - "Let me do the markup my way and demonstrate to you that a
smaller download size is presented exactly the same on screen with less
code!". At the end of the day, it's your boss' decision.

The alternative is to code it your way and see if anyone notices. It sounds
as though these guys never look at a page once it's up! The drawback with
this would be that IF they notice, they may ask you to add in all the
redundant code, which would surely be more repugnant than if you had to
include it from the beginning.

Hope this helps - and good luck!!!

.steve
   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com