[thelist] Textarea formating

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Tue Aug 8 09:57:03 CDT 2000

Norman,
> I understand that IE gives access to the Textrange object, which seems to
be
> the heart of all of these scripts.  Would I therefore be right in
suspecting
> that you can only do this in IE, and that it's just not possible in
> Netscape?  If it is possible could someone point me in the direction of a
> suitable script

	My understanding is that it would not be possible in Netscape. I
also understand (although I am not certain) that the IE-based approaches
that you have seen often use Microsoft's DHTML Editing Component. IIRC, jeff
had experimented with this for the revamped Evolt site, and could probably
give you some first-hand insight. Here's Microsoft's info on the DHTML
Editing Component (as always, watch the wrap):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/c-frame.htm?/workshop/author/dhtml/edit/r
ef/cncpt.asp

James Aylard
jaylard at equilon.com