[thelist] PART 2 ColdFusion HELP with email form

Chris Lott chris at intranet.dist-ed.uaf.edu
Tue Aug 8 19:09:24 CDT 2000

> I finally got my little form thing to mail, but it only seems to mail if
> ALL fields are filled in/check boxes checked, etc. Is there a way to
> make my form more forgiving?

Well, it is failing because you are, on the sending page, asking CF to
insert data for fields which don't have any data or might not even exist
(with checkboxes, for instance).

the easiest thing to do is to just provide a default value (using cfparam)
of nothing ("") or whatever you want on the page that sends the form, before
you actually try to reference the form values. With this and judicious use
of required fields (some mail servers are persnickety about sending out
email with an invalid sending address, etc) it should work fine. Let me know
if you need code.

Chris Lott <chris at intranet.dist-ed.uaf.edu>,  Technical Manager
UAF Center for Distance Education
p907.474.5122  |  f907.474.5402  |  PGP Key ID: 0x51046CFD