[thelist] Re: [the list] Bad Code vs Keeping Job -- Desicion and thanks

l a u r a *^* l y n c h cyberminkie at cyberwhirled.com
Wed Aug 9 07:40:50 CDT 2000

First, thanks to everyone who responded. I appreciate the advice and
encouragement (as always) -- you guys rock.

Just wanted to let you know that after much thinking and hemming and hawing
and changing my mind, I've decided to

a) point out to the lead site guy the poor coding that exists on the site
(mostly missing alt/sizing on images, but also no quotes around attributes
[which is a legacy of our recently departed programmer] and other stuff) and
let him take the information and do what he wants with it. I might be
creating more work for myself, but that's the kind of work I don't mind.

b) code the stuff I'm doing for the other guy properly, then go back and
crap it up if that's what they want

c) code my parts of the site properly, with alt tags and quotes and
lowercase and /> endings and all that good happy stuff. I have pretty free
rein with my sections (the international translations of the site, so we're
not talking about a couple of small areas here). I can't control the code
that's generated by the programming side of the group, but I can at least
make my code right.

d) lightly hunt for a nice chunky telecommuter job. In other words, if one
falls into my lap, I'll take it. But I'm not really unhappy enough to start
a big campaign. Yet. :)

l a u r a *^* l y n c h
design doyen @ c y b e r w h i r l e d
http://www.cyberwhirled.com