[thelist] list folder contents

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 12 13:15:23 CDT 2000

> From: "Dan Shafer" <ervsplace at hotmail.com>
>
> I am trying to set a link up to a folder which then would display its
> contents in a list form. Is there any special syntax to do this? Does
> this folder have to be located on the same server? Can the list be
> displayed alphabetically, size, etc?

what platform?

in IIS, i can help... ultimately, though, the files and sub-folders will
be listed alphabetically... if anyone knows how to do it by date on a
shared NT host, lemme know...

but once you get a folder/file 'object' into your SSI, then you can
stuff into an ordered list, unordered, dictionary, etc., or just stuff
breaks in, whatever you want, really...

as for having it on the same server, on an NT box, you can have the
server mapped to a network machine/folder, but i wouldn't
recommend it...