[thelist] SQL

kev.skindrill kev.skindrill at bigfoot.com
Sun Aug 13 12:03:30 CDT 2000

>    where MinimumVehicleSize IN ("&pcnum&")
>
> is still okay, but it has to resolve to
>
>   where MinimumVehicleSize IN ('Motorbike', 'Transit', '7 Ton Truck')
>
> but this should be easy, you can do it in your form field values...

PING! (sound of lightbulb going on above Kevs head) Of course, I see where
the single quotes come in now. The problem was that I copied the code from
another page where I was putting numbers as a string into the SQL statement
which don't need single quotes, so all I had to do was alter the string from

elseif request.form("minsize")="7 Ton Truck" then
 pcnum="Motorbike, Transit, 7 Ton Truck"

elseif request.form("minsize")="7 Ton Truck" then
 pcnum="'Motorbike', 'Transit', '7 Ton Truck'"

Blindingly obvious, thank you Steve & Rudy