[thelist] Critique please (http://squalidnet.port5.com)

kevin raleigh krr at ix.netcom.com
Sun Aug 13 19:14:33 CDT 2000

> While I'm awake, I'll check it in Netscape4 without images, JS, CSS, or
Java.
> This is how I surf most sites (reading news, etc) to save on bandwidth.
You're
> missing a few ALT tags - they're easy to throw in, so don't be cheap.
Apart from
> that, the content is all there and readable. Good to see that you're
relying on
> CSS to do the showy stuff, and not using javascript for anything
essential.

I have never heard anyone mention javaScript in quite such a "negative"
tone??
Why in your experience does the language deserve such a negative response??

NOTE: This question in no way asks you to "JUSTIFY YOUR POSITION" but rather
why in your experience a web designer, programmer should be weary??

your insight is appreciated
thanx
krr