[thelist] Export comments from Excel?

Mark Gregor markg at tiac.net
Sun Aug 13 19:24:02 CDT 2000

Hi,

Is there anyway to export data from an Excel worksheet and have all comments
from that sheet export with the data?  We have a web-based system that reads
data from an exported, tab-delimited Excel sheet and allows visitors to
create dynamic reports based on a query.  We're trying to add a comment
within Excel that describes a piece of data, and when we export and upload
this data to the web, we'd like that comment to be included in the export.

There are some other ways we can do this, but it would be easiest for the
client if they could just add a quick comment to the Excel sheet itself.

Thanks!

-Mark