[thelist] Creating Divs on the fly

Karen Bowen KarenB at frontiersoftware.com.au
Sun Aug 13 22:03:46 CDT 2000

Thanks to everyone for all the responses - they were extremely useful, and I
managed to adapt the Dan Steinman tutorial to achieve what I was trying to
do.  There was an error in his tute, tho, in case anyone is interested:
using the obj.insertAdjacentHTML() method actually requires 2 parameters:
sWhere - a string indicating where in the object the html is to be inserted,
with value either 'beforeBegin', 'afterBegin', 'beforeEnd', or 'afterEnd',
and then, of course, the text/html.

is exactly what we are doing.  :-)  We actually use multiple hidden frames -
currently set to be 10 - as we can have multiple queries to the cobol
backend running at any one time, and also as one query may return more than
one response.  The product that I work on is the Web Kiosk version of an
HR/payroll software application, so yes, we are trying to subvert the
document-based nature of the web - I'm finding it very interesting work,
actually!

Thanks again for all the comments and responses, and please excuse me for
not responding individually.  I really appreciate all the help, and think
I've found myself a new list home.  :-)

Regards,
Karen