[thelist] Form Processing Help, Please

Jay Turley jay at weberrific.org
Mon Aug 14 11:07:06 CDT 2000

Hi evolters-

We have a page from which we are removing all graphics. There is a form on
this page. The existing page has three images as inputs to the form, each
with a different value. ex:

<input type="img" name="edit" value="EQUITY" src="edit.gif" alt="edit">

the programmer has replaced this with:

<input type="submit" name="edit" value="EQUITY">

as a first attempt to remove the graphics from the form.

Problem is, this breaks the form. It no longer works. My belief is that
something different happens when a web server (in this case IIS4) processes
a click on an image input vs. a submit input, since the name and value of
the inputs are the same. ANyone know for sure?

Another list has suggested that the form processor is looking for edit.x
and edit.y... Could this be a problem as well?

We are racking our brains trying to figure out if we can work this from the
HTML side rather than having to get into the backend. If anyone has any
suggestions, please help me out!

Thanks,

  http://www.weberrific.org
 "Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology"