[thelist] Zone Alarm and web servers

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Mon Aug 14 11:08:54 CDT 2000

|I've decided to install Zone Alarm on my web server. The documentation
|page says to restart any web services so that ZA will recognize it.
|However, I still get warnings that requests to my web server are being
|rejected. Has anyone had any good fortune with it? I'm sure it's just
|me.

I'm no expert on it either, I just installed it myself. But have you tried going
into the "progams" section and checking the settings on your server application?
There should be a listing for your server app. The settings I would use are:

Allow Connect: check "Local" and "Internet"
Allow Server: Should be checked
Allow Pass Lock: should be checked

If you have these settings already, then it's over my head :)

HTH,
Gina