[Fwd: Re[2]: [thelist] Visitor Statistics]

Daniel J. Cody dcody at oracular.com
Mon Aug 14 14:28:15 CDT 2000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re[2]: [thelist] Visitor Statistics
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 14:40:35 -0500
From: Christopher Ditty <CDitty at email.usps.gov>
To: thelist-admin <thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org>

     What about using cookies?  Would this be an efficent(sp) way to do
     this?  I recently wrote a small php script that sets a cookie and
     checks it when the user returns.  If the cookie is not present, it
     sets it and add a record to the db.  The cookie expires after 30
days.

     In the little world that is my mind, I am thinking that I can use
this
     to get a count of my unique visitors.  I know there are those that
     don't use cookies, and I am accounting for those.

     Any opinions on this?  Is it practical or did I just waste a few
hours
     in writting this code?

     CDitty