[thelist] Critique please (http://squalidnet.port5.com)

Liz Lawson lizlawson at charitycards.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 03:26:11 CDT 2000

>the font is definitely too small on a mac - I'm using IE5 with the font
>zoom set to 100%.
>
>Also, you may want to color-correct all the photos; they look really
>washed-out and dead.

be a little careful: this is a Mac / PC thing: they have different gamma
curves. This means that things (99% of the time, depending of course on how
the user has their monitor set up...) display significantly lighter on a Mac
than a PC. You will not be able to get the same display on a Mac and a PC so
you have to make sure that it is acceptible, if different, on both. Think
about how your target audience breaks down in terms of platform to help you
make these sort of decisions.

Liz