[thelist] JavaScript help

Tara Cleveland taracleveland at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 15 10:42:14 CDT 2000

Hi all,

Begging for help again.
I'm still figuring out JavaScript (I know, I know, I'm way behind), and I've
been asked to modify some pages that have a window that pops up with info
about the person linked. Now, there are a bunch of people that are linked
to, but the window doesn't come into focus the second
time you click on a name. They want the window to come into focus each time
a name is clicked.

Someone else did the JavaScript on the page (I don't know who so I can't go
to them for help). They used a function (script is below) to open up all the
windows. I'm not clear on how this works or whether or not I can add (or how
to add) a focus thingy to it. I've been scanning through Thau's JS tutorial,
but it doesn't quite explain it.
I'd really appreciate any help as I'm a little over my head. But that's how
we learn - right ??

Thanks,
Tara

PS. If you can email me off-list as I'm on the digest, that would be much
appreciated.

<!-- the function -->
<script language="JavaScript">

<!--- hide script from old browsers

function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0
  window.open(theURL,winName,features);
}
//-->
</script>

<!-- the links -->
onClick="MM_openBrWindow('foobar.htm','','scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=400,height=300')"><font
size="2">Johnny Smith</a><br>

onClick="MM_openBrWindow('foobee.htm','','scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=400,height=300')">Alan
Smithee</a>