[thelist] Mac stuff (was: Critique please (http://squalidnet.port5.com))

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 15 14:07:23 CDT 2000

> From: "kevin raleigh" <krr at ix.netcom.com>
>
> Also I have access to a Mac PowerBook 1400 and I would like to plug it
> in to my system so that I can view my work on occassion. Is this
> possible??
>
> I currently use a PII w98se 333mhz    the power book is supposed to be
> a w95 with built in modem I use a ADSL connection for surfing. Also
> have another internet connection on the premises that is just a
> regular connection.

whoah... major topic shift there, so i re-built the subject to reflect
it...

you do realize that if you are running System 7.5 (right?) or later
you can read/write MS-DOS-formatted disks... basically your Mac
can read disks from your win95 machine...

otherwise, you can't 'view' stuff on your PC through your Mac, not
without building a network (you'd need NT's Mac stuff) or making
your PC a web server on a LAN... or something like that...