[thelist] Amazon redesign (those darn tabs)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 15 14:12:11 CDT 2000

looks like Amazon.com is changing up the tabbed approach... how
apropos for those of us on [thesite] who've been tossing the idea of
tabs around for a bit lately, mostly picking on Amazon's tab-to-
death approach...

==========

From: Jeff Bezos [mailto:newtabs-b at bounces.amazon.com]
Subject: Your help wanted!

Dear Amazon Customer,

We're writing to ask for your help. Over the last few months, we've
tested several new navigational systems for Amazon.com, looking
for a way to make it easier for you to get around our store. (By
"navigational system," I'm talking about the tabs at the top of our
home page.)

We think we've found a winner--feedback from hundreds of
customers in our testing has already been very positive. But we
wouldn't want to make such a change to how our store works
without first consulting you to see what you thought. So we'd sure
appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to check it out. Just
stop by:

http://www.amazon.com/new-navigation

Then please drop us a line telling us what you think. E-mail your
comments to newtabs at amazon.com.

Many thanks for helping us make Amazon.com the best store it
can be.

Sincerely,

Jeff Bezos
Founder and CEO, Amazon.com