[thelist] Amazon redesign (those darn tabs)

Steve Cook sck at biljettpoolen.se
Wed Aug 16 01:52:19 CDT 2000

Good god! I thought tacky tabbed designs went out of fashion years ago! The
second commercial site I ever worked on had a tabbed design - it was for a
UK telecoms company. Now, I'll admit that not being a graphic designer, it
wasn't an especially great design, but it was quite long lived. It lasted
about 2 years, up to the point where tabbed designs disappeared EVERYWHERE
except on personal homepages.

I wonder if the web is destined to be like real life, where fashion mistakes
such as flared jeans do the rounds and pop up again every 25 years :-)

.steve

<tip type="WMLScript">

Looking to clear variables in WMLScript? Use this instead of newcontext
(which will also clear navigation history etc!).

<setvar name="foo" value="null"/>

</tip>