[thelist] Amazon redesign (those darn tabs)

Chris Danek Chris.Danek at cmgisolutions.com
Wed Aug 16 11:13:47 CDT 2000

Hehe, well, what's funny is I was still poking around for sites and I
accidentally sent my email without realizing it.. I honestly didn't mean to
come off as so 'neener neener neener i'm right you are wrong', so, sorry. :)
But site commentary aside, I was just saying that tabs are still prevalent,
and I do really like them. I think they provide a nice drill down method of
navigating and keeping the structure visible (so you know where you are,
etc). I like it a bit more than say, text navigation (ala yahoo:)
Category -> Category -> Category -> subcategory -> subcategory ->
pageyouareon, and I naturally like it better than no navigation at all. I
just have to say I'll wait to see what amazon's new site 'feels' like. I
certainly don't mind the tabs as they are now, but they're right in that all
the acquisitions and expansions they are doing could leave a cluttered front
page. I buy enough from amazon, we'll just have to see what it turns out
like.

cd

PS:

> > http://www.zanybrainy.com
>
> but the tabs are so cute... ugh...

That's us. :) Of course, I had nothing to do with the frontend design, but I
don't think it's too bad.