[thelist] IE 5 Recently Used Favorites!

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Wed Aug 16 18:52:54 CDT 2000

At 04:42 PM 8/16/2000, you wrote:
>Alright, IE5 insists on doing the 'recently used favorites' thing where it
>hides favorites you haven't used in a while. I turned this off in Office 2K
>right away (stupid, stupid interfering w/ my interface!), but can't seem to
>turn it off in IE5. <aybe I'm just blind. I'm on Win2K.
>
>Anybody know how to turn it off?

Try Opening Tools:Internet Options, and select the Advanced Tab.

Unselect "Enable Personalized Favorites Menu"

NOTE: Here you can also uncheck "Show friendly HTTP error messages" this
way you can see the "real" server error messages instead of the Microsoft -
we know better than you error page.

----
Anthony Baratta
President