[thelist] I had an idea

Gene Arcamonte garcamo1 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Aug 19 13:28:17 CDT 2000

I have been lurking here for about 18 months. I wasn't trying to be
"spooky," I just didn't feel I had anything to contribute. This time I might
have something to contribute. For anyone interested in a different format in
addition to  the traditional "mailing list," why don't you visit:
http://www.hbchat.com/Pages/gbook_9.html

I have set up a 'back-channel' chat area where evolters may congregate and
share ideas of a personal or professional nature. A place to test out the
concept. If you like it, then I will be happy to release the perl script
etc. to evolt admin for implementation.

I know what you're thinking... you're thinking: 'who the hell do you think
you are? I could throw this together in my sleep!' You don't have to do
that, the backbone perl is located at:
http://www.pingpackets.com/webapps/perl/ under "flexbook."

To see the concept in full blown action with a 'Kung Fu Grip,' visit:
http://www.hbchat.com/Pages/gbook.html Please feel free to contribute but
please do not refer to this email or my name if you post.

But as a caveat... and pay attention here! A lot of good things can come out
of this chat arena thing, like friendships... and some bad things, like
stalking etc. That is why I will leave it up to the readers to talk to the
admin. about hosting this concept.

Before departing, I would like to say that you all have been *SUCH* an
inspiration to me you can not imagine. Peace, Love, God Bless... whatever
:-)