[thelist] Teaching Internet To Senior Citizens

Jay Turley jay at weberrific.org
Mon Aug 21 09:27:34 CDT 2000

Hi all! Happy Monday!

I just searched the list archives and found someone who mentioned teaching
internet to seniors. However, their email address is not valid, so I am
posting the message I sent to the list in the hopes that fleet is still a
subscriber. Or if not, maybe one of you wonderful people can help me out.

Message follows...

Hi-

I just saw your name on the list.evolt.org archive. I thought I had
remembered a thread dealing with teaching internet to senior citizens.

My son's school is attempting to reach out into the community. To that end,
they plan to offer a bunch of classes for the (mostly) senior neighborhood
residents. I have been volunteered (well, actually, I did it to myself) to
teach such a class. I have experience in tutoring, and in lecturing at a
college level, plus several speeches/talks, but I was hoping that you might
be able to help me out with a curriculum/hints/anecdotes/etc.

If you don't have the time, I completely understand. But if you do have some
time to talk or help me out, please let me know.

Sincerely,

  http://www.weberrific.org
 "Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology"