[thelist] IT training costs

Czechowski, Aaron aczechowski at towson.edu
Mon Aug 21 09:37:25 CDT 2000

	There is a lot of discussion around here lately about training (as
in professional employee training) - currently we have no training budget
but our superiors realize the need to add that in.  So they're asking us to
provide them with conferences, classes, etc that we might want to attend
with all the corresponding travel & lodging expenses.
	No problems there, but I'm wondering - what sort of budgets to ya'll
have for employee training?  Per person?  One person here said that the IT
industry standard is $3000 per person per year.  Does that sound accurate?
Any experiences/thoughts/comments would be appreciated.

thanks!

Aaron  :)

Aaron M. Czechowski, MCP
Senior Client Services Associate