[thelist] open source development network

Rudy_Limeback at maritimelife.ca Rudy_Limeback at maritimelife.ca
Mon Aug 21 10:07:14 CDT 2000

> we haven't barely been affected by the
> all-mighty crippling "Slashdot-effect".

it only happened once, and it only happened because evolt was running on a
ms access database at the time

now that we're running on linux/oracle, the slashdot effect can probably
no longer hit us

dan?

> I have every respect for the evolt membership and the moderator gods :-)

thanks steve

i would like to point out that

  a) this list (thelist) is *not* moderated, but the admins were
     forced, on at least one occasion, to unsubscribe somebody
     for not cleaning up his act

  b) the web site (evolt.org) *is* moderated, but for suitability
     only -- the admins typically do not approve "articles" that
     are, say, press releases, requests for site critiques, in
     poor taste, etc.

     A. "suitability" as defined by the admins
     B. "poor taste" as defined by the admins
     C. we are always looking for new admins

also, the admins are not gods...

... eh

 ;o)