[thelist] bgproperties="fixed" in a table cell?

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Mon Aug 21 12:28:09 CDT 2000

Keni,

> I know bgproperties="fixed" does not work for Netscape, but will it work
for
> IE in a table?

	The proprietary "bgproperties" attribute, introduced with IE3, only
applies to the <body> element. In point of fact, however, this attribute is
totally unnecessary since the W3C style sheet background property (more
specifically, the background-attachment property) achieves the exact same
thing. It even works in IE3 if applied as part of the shorthand "background"
property (IE3 doesn't support the standalone background-attachment
property).
	To answer your specific question, no, IE will not support a "fixed"
background on tables, even using CSS (the CSS1 spec does specify that
background-attachment applies to all elements, however not even Mozilla M17,
in my tests, correctly handles a fixed background on a table -- in fact, M17
seems to botch CSS table backgrounds altogether).

hth,
James Aylard
jaylard at equilon.com